top of page

Historic Building - Lee's Summit, MO

Location Information

Date:19th March, 2005     Type:Business

Location Title:Lee's Summit Historic Building     City/State:Lee's Summit, MO

Investigation Times:07:00 PM - 10:24 PM     Status:Analysis


Weather Information

Sunrise:06:22 AM   Sunset:06:29 PM

High Temperature:46 °F   Low Temperature:30 °F

Sky Condition:Clear   Wind:NNW at 17 mph

Humidity:72%   Precipitation:0%

Lunar Phase:Waxing Gibbous   % disk visible:30%

Solar X-Rays:Normal   Geomagnetic Field:Quiet

Pressure:30.12 mmHg  


Investigators Present

Beth McLenaghan

Hugh McLenaghan

Kelli Patrick

Becky Ray

Miranda Stark

Dee Vyeda

Investigators Notes

Beth McLenaghan:During this investigation, the only unusual thing I experienced was an uneasy feeling in the basement, and a strange magnetic kind of draw to the area where we were told the pipes for an old pipe organ had been. I found that interesting (because I am a professional organist/pianist) but got nothing unusual in photos of the area. On the top floor (finished attic space) I had an aversion to one redone bedroom area (would have been a maid's/butler's quarters) and was unable to pass through the doorway because of the intensity of the sensation. Utilized dousing rods for the first time in an investigation at this location- but while the rods were active, got nothing substantial while using them.


Kelli Patrick:I used my EMF detector, laser thermometer, Sony nighshot camera, motion detector, and regular 35 mm camera. During the walk through of this building, I felt like someone was walking right next to me in the kitchen hall and the "wake" room (a room used for wakes in the early 1900's). It is now used for storage. I felt fine for the rest of the evening, until it was time to pack up. I felt someone was in the upstairs room with me, trying to hurry me up. Hugh and I were in the upstairs room investigating when I heard a creak and then someone walk by in the hall. We didn't see anything. I then set up my motion detector facing the hallway. It did not go off the rest of the evening. I caught some orbs in the attic, but I believe them to be dust orbs. We are still examining this. On my video from the upstairs room, we had left the room and the camera was facing the hallway. Two times I hear a sound like someone is tapping the microphone on the camera and a possible creak. I am waiting to get back my 35mm film soon. My EMF detector never moved out of the "safe" position. My laser thermometer registered between 55-60 the entire time in the upstairs room (it was very cold because they had the heat down at night). Addendum: Viewing my video film and 35mm film doesn't show anything, except for a couple of orbs that I believe to be dust. We had been walking around in the attic.


Becky Ray:The only area I felt any activity in was the former library. During the walk through and every other time I was in this room I had the distinct impression of the same event happening over and over again. I am not a sensitive, and I could not see it, it was just a feeling like someone was there repeating the motion of walking from one part of the room to another over and over again. I am still analyzing my findings.


Miranda Stark:Upon entering the building and during the initial walk-through, I did not notice any of the typically heavy, or "haunting", sensations about the atmosphere. For the most part I was comfortable, and at ease. My EMF readings remained consistent, as did the temperature, with the exception of drafty windows. When I went up to the 3rd floor (attic) accompanied by another investigator, we chose a particular room to "experiment" with spirit communication, by laying out letters on the hard-wood floor. The first line spelled out "what is your name", then below that was an arrangement of letters in alphabetical order. We set the infrared video camera in view of the letters, and left them for some time. Upon our return we did NOT notice any significant movement, or misplacement, of the letters. Some of the other investigators, including myself, did capture some photos with "orbs" in them, which are open to speculation. Otherwise, for me, the night went smoothly, and peacefully.

No EVPS for this Investigation at this time
No PHOTOS for this Investigation at this time
No VIDEOS for this Investigation at this time
bottom of page